Update 3.3.2020: Natural Products Expo West has been postponed.
Update 2.28.20: After careful consideration Givaudan has decided to cancel its participation as an exhibitor at Expo West out of an abundance of caution, due to the evolving outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Givaudan team is working hard on novel ways to still bring you a first look at the main themes at Expo West.”
Health and wellness are the mantras of our society today, and the Natural Products Expo West showcases products that align with those mantras. Natural Products Expo West is one of the first shows of the year and truly sets the stage for the entire year.
For those of you that do not know the Natural Products Expo West, it is the world’s largest natural, organic and healthy products trade show. With over 3,600 companies on display, 86,000 industry professionals, and 580,000 square feet of exhibits. Needless to say, it can be inspiring, exhilarating, and extremely overwhelming.
That is exactly why we are going to be there every step of the way to break it down for you. It’s all hands on deck this year! We will be walking the show, talking with everyone, and most importantly – tasting, to see what trends will be taking over in 2020.
To follow us live throughout the show, check out @GivaudanMarketBites.
The Quick Recap of 2019
If you missed last years show we wanted to share a quick recap from last year:
- Alternatives – We saw swaps for everything! Everything from dairy and meat to sugars and nut butter there were alternatives for almost every product in the market.
- Higher Expectations – Last year you couldn’t open a magazine or article on the food and beverage world without seeing something about CBD or THC related offerings. This trend wasn’t limited to CBD but MCT, Keto, and Prebiotics are everywhere.
- Nootropics – So many products at the show were centered on functionality or need state. Immunity, Brain Power, Beauty, and Relaxation; no matter what your needs, there’s a product for you.
- Snack Attack – Snacks are nothing new, but as individuals continue to be on the move and are seeking convenience, product offerings continue to grow and develop. Last year, elevated snacks with superfood ingredients ensuring a better you seemed to be the focus for the year.
- Flavor Bombs – Blood orange, passionfruit, cacao, florals, botanicals, ethnic inspiration, and of course it wouldn’t be a natural expo without turmeric and ginger EVERYWHERE!
What will we see this year? Will we see premium adult beverages targeting the mocktail occasion or the addition of more than just one wellness functionality as ‘a must have’ in products? I cannot wait to see what will be popping up this year at the Expo.